Five Crystals For Your Psychic Toolbox
There are many crystals that can enhance your intuition and psychic abilities. The list is extensive and could probably fill up a book. For someone who is new to using crystals, or new to working with their intuition, making a choice for their psychic toolbox can be overwhelming. There are crystals that promote intuitive awareness, increase psychic activity, block psychic attack, enhance clairvoyant visions and the list goes on.
Too many choices sometimes lead to making no choices at all. But if choices are made, what are you supposed to do with them anyway? Well, don’t worry, I got your back. I narrowed it down to just a few that are easily available, versatile, and not overly expensive. If you’re looking to build your psychic toolbox, these crystals are a must. Especially for doing readings and any type of healing work.
1. Black Tourmaline- Black tourmaline, also known as Schrol is a very powerful grounding crystal. It’s ideal for anyone doing psychic and healing work. It resonates to the root or base chakra, yet it can also balance all chakras. It’s especially good for balancing feminine and masculine energies. Black tourmaline purifies negative energy, whether it’s from electronics or outside energies, such as psychic attack. It’s particularly helpful when opening your intuitive abilities because it keeps your auric field clear and helps you remain protected.
2. Amethyst-Amethyst is a must have for your psychic toolbox. It’s often one of the first crystals people are attracted to because of its beauty and its gentle energy. Amethyst is a perfect choice for meditation as it helps you connect to higher vibrational states and spiritual realms. It resonates to the brow or 3rd eye and the crown chakra, keeping them open and enhancing your intuitive connection to your spirit guides, the angelic realm and the Divine. It’s an ideal crystal for psychic protection, as it creates a protective energy around your auric field, even in dreams.
3. Quartz - Quartz is one of the most common crystals on our planet but also one of the coolest. It’s the most versatile crystal there is. It can be used in all metaphysical and healing work, from balancing and clearing chakras to communicating with other life forms, be it plant, animal, mineral or spiritual. Quartz resonates to all chakras, physical and spiritual. It helps with clarity and keeping your mind clear. Quartz is very attuned to your energy once you start working with it, so even if you don’t have it with you, you can still work with its energy. Quartz is a powerful amplifier of psychic abilities and can be programmed to do just about any job you need it to do. It will amplify other crystals and can also “stand in” for them in healing work as well. They don’t call it the master crystal for nothing!
4. Selenite- Selenite is gentle and calm, yet works quickly in a powerful way. Selenite resonates with the brow or 3rd eye and crown chakras, as well as the upper spiritual chakras. A selenite wand will clear blocked chakras, your auric field and other crystals. So, if you program your quartz, then change your mind, use a selenite wand to clear it (stroke the quartz like you are petting its aura with the intent of clearing). Selenite is excellent for accessing past and future lives, connecting to spirit guides, angels, as well as your higher self. A selenite wand is also a great tool for cutting etheric cords. Just don’t put it in water. It’s really soft and has a hardness level of 2. Water will damage it.
5. Citrine- Citrine is the cool kid of the crystal world. It’s laid back, yet fiery energy is essential for any psychic toolbox. Citrine resonates with the root, sacral and the solar plexus chakras, making it a great crystal for personal empowerment, manifestation and creativity in a very grounded way. It’s the crystal for helping you strengthen your psychic abilities and let go of fear, while learning to trust yourself. Citrine is also the crystal for imagination, and if you can imagine it, you can manifest it. It helps you bring clarity and intention together in a very actionable way.
Now that you have the crystals for your psychic toolbox, what should you do with them? The possibilities are endless, but here is a good place to start. These five crystals support each other and work very well together, giving you lots of options to choose from.
- Place one or all in your pocket to support you while meditating, doing psychic or healing work.
- Make your own little medicine bag and carry one, a few or all with you to further support the work you’re doing or just to bring those vibrations into your awareness.
- Program a piece of quartz to support you in whatever area you need. Hold the quartz in your hand and with your intention and focus, tell your crystal what job you need it to do and how you expect it to support you. It will get right on the job.
- Use two black tourmaline tumbled stones, one under each foot, for a grounding and protecting meditation, no more than 15 minutes, can be done daily as a grounding practice. Relax and imagine all negative energy flowing out the bottoms of your feet and into the stones to be transmuted into positive energy.
- Laying down, use one black tourmaline tumbled stone at the bottom center of your feet, one amethyst tumbled stone on your 3rd eye chakra and one clear quartz point, with point facing outward for amplification and point downward for relaxation, at your crown chakra. Relax and meditate for no more than 20 minutes to stimulate your 3rd eye, amplify your psychic gifts and strengthen your connection to Source Energy. Remove crystals from the reverse order they were placed, quartz, amethyst, black tourmaline. This lowers the energy in the same way it was built.
- Place one amethyst tumbled stone under your bed or in your pillow case to help with dream recall and to help protect you during dream states. Also, helps with preventing nightmares.
- With a quartz point in each hand, amplify your energy with the point facing inward towards your wrist or release excess energy with the point facing outward, away from your wrists. Imagine your breath as the energy going in or out through the quartz points. Relax and meditate for no more than 20 minutes. Kick it up a notch and add a tumbled black tourmaline between your feet.
- Clear your auric field with your selenite wand by holding the wand horizontal to your body and sweeping it across your aura in an upward motion. Do this on all sides of your body- front, back and both sides. Sweep three to five times on each.
- Laying down, use a black tourmaline tumbled stone at the bottom of your feet, a tumbled citrine on your solar plexus, about 2 inches above your navel, and a quartz point in each hand facing inward. Connecting to your higher self, focus on what you want to manifest in your life. Relax and meditate for no more than 20 minutes focusing on your intension. Remove crystals in the opposite order they were placed.
- Laying down, place a black tourmaline tumbled stone at the bottom of your feet, a tumbled citrine on your solar plexus, a tumbled amethyst on your 3rd eye, a quartz point facing outward from your crown and a selenite wand in each hand. This will open your psychic centers while strengthening your personal power and intuitive instincts, helping you clear blocks and old programming that no longer serves you in a very grounded yet gentle way. Relax and meditate for no more than 20 minutes, removing the crystals the opposite way they were placed.
These are just a few ways that you can use these crystals to strengthen your intuition and psychic gifts. Used together or separately, they can pack a punch. Don’t forget to cleanse your crystals after each exercise with your selenite wand. If you don’t have a selenite wand yet, the other 4 crystals can be cleansed with running water and your intention to cleanse them.
Also, crystals will choose you. You don’t need to know what to do with them because the crystals will tell you. I can say all this stuff about what a crystal should do for you, but ultimately it works with you- your energy, on your own level and in your own way. All of us interpret energy differently and that’s what the energy of the crystal will work with.
If you find some jasper outside while taking a walk in the forest or some other rock while walking on the beach, it might be the best support for you and do exactly what you need it to. So, if you feel drawn to a crystal or a rock, you can feel it calling you for whatever reason you have in mind, just go with it because it’s right for you. Your intuition is always right.
Until we talk crystals again, happy experimenting and crystal blessings!